Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pictures from September


On my way to Tirana for Susan's birthday I made some new friends on the
bus.  These two girls were going home after visiting their Aunt
in a village.  They were absolutely adorable, even when they got a little car sick.


She noticed me making a card Susan's birthday and wanted to
make one too.  It says "Happy Birthday Zyzi.  You will celebrate!"

Susan spoiled us with Pete's Coffee!  My Nescafe Instant coffee hasn't
tasted the same since.

It is officially apple season!  My goal for the school year is to
get my students to bring apples for their teachers.  That counts as
sharing American culture right?
My lovely care package from my grandparents!  I'm not sure what I was
the most excited about, duct tape or the Scooby-Doo coloring book!
A good luck charm that the mom of one of my students made
for me.  Albanians are very superstitious and since I'm a woman living
alone I'm considered to be especially vulnerable to the evil eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment