Sunday, November 25, 2012

Giving Thanks.

I know this post is a bit late but I wanted to take the time to point out the things that I am thankful for this year.  This past year has included a lot of big changes in my life and more than ever I realize how much I have to be thankful for.

  1. My friends and family back home.  Being away from you all has only made me realize even more how amazing you are.  You've continued to support me even though I'm a continent away. You're always there for me when I need to talk to you even though I'm not always around for you.  I know its not easy being friends with someone who has a compulsive need to move and see the world so thank you for being there.
  2. My mom.  You have no idea how much you mean to me.  You're an amazing mother and woman.  Thank you for always being there, for calling me when you get a less than happy email from me, for making sure I'm drinking tea when I have a cold and for always supporting me.  Get ready for more adventures to come!
  3. My dad.  You always lighten up my day whenever I hear from you.  Thanks for helping me keep a level head over here and for always making me laugh.  But most of all thanks for having the confidence in me to send your little girl out into the world.
  4. Nicky-Pooh.  Your the best little brother a girl could ask for. (even if you did steal my birthday)  Thanks for watching over mom and dad while I'm away.  I know its not easy to keep them in line.  I cant wait to see you next summer!
  5. Home.  Being away from home has made me realize how lucky I am to have a caring supportive home life to return to.  Thank you to everyone who helped raise me and made me into the person I am today and to the people who continue to support me today.  
  6. Albania.  I've never seen such a beautiful country and lively people.  We may not always get along, but when we do I cant think of any place I'd rather be.
  7. My Albanian Friends.  You've taken me into your homes, fed me way too much food and paid for way too many coffees.  Thank you for letting be a part of your lives and for being my guides to Albania.  
  8. My fellow PCVs.  We're a crazy, rambunctious, strong willed group but it wouldn't be the same without you guys.  Many of you have seen me at my worst but are somehow miraculously still friends with me.  Thanks for always being there to answer my calls, thanks for posting hilarious videos on days when all I need is a laugh and thanks for never judging.

No comments:

Post a Comment